Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lately...

So, lately we've been up to pretty much the same old stuff (life will get so much more interesting once we have kids), but a few fun things have been going on. My sisters and I went to the Britney Spears concert last week, which was alot of fun. The Pussy Cat Dolls opened for her and they are really good performers and fun to watch.
Here's Britney, lipsynching one of her hit songs. I don't think she actually sang any of her songs, but she did a lot of dancing! The circus theme was really cool, the back up dancers were awesome and even though she's pretty scandolous, I still like her.
Last weekend Clark's parents were in Lake Powell so we got to stay at their house and sleep in their awesome bed. They have a king size Tempur-pedic mattress and it is so so comfortable. When we can afford it, we will definitely be investing in one of these! I could have stayed in bed all day! It's so nice to stay in a house and actually walk more than 10 feet to get from room to room. Space is so great and hopefully Clark and I will be in a townhome or home by the end of the Summer.This coming weekend Clark and I are headed to Vegas! This is where we're staying, The Royal Resort, and I'm pretty excited for a little R and R. We went to a time share presentation and got a two-night stay at this hotel, so it's free, sort of. Those presentations are so long and annoying. It will be nice to get out of town and go out to eat a lot! I think that's what I'm most excited for. Food always sounds good to me!
In other news, I had a doctor's appointment today and we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. It was so neat! There's this constant worry that something is going to go wrong with the baby and hearing the heartbeat was a nice reminder that everything is ok and normal. We'll find out if it's a boy or a girl at 20 weeks, which seems so far away, but I can handle 6 more weeks.

10 comments:

Bethany said...

Congratulations!! How exciting for you guys! I am so glad I checked your blog today so I could hear your great news! Have fun in Vegas!

RaCHeL said...

Once a fan, always a fan right?! :) It was good talking to you last night. Have a great time in Vegas!

The Frame Family said...

Glad you guys finally got to hear the baby's heartbeat! I'm way jealous that you're going to Vegas! Have fun!

Abe and Lisa said...

Hey you two!

You guys are having a baby that is so exciting. Congratulations! You have a fun blog.. it's fun to see what you've been up to.

Take care!
-lisa young johnson

Elizabeth Garden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cory & Alli said...

Fetal Studio at South Towne Mall will tell you the gender at 15wks! My doctor said that she's never seen him be wrong. It costs $80, but it's TOTALLY worth it!

Anonymous said...

I bet that would be a fun show!

The Kirton Family said...

That is great that you got to hear the heart beat. It can feel like forever to find out what your having! Have a great time in Vegas!

Moffat Family said...

daniel and i keep talking about how we need to do something soon!

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

I am so out of it. I didn't even know Britney Spears still did concerts. Sounds fun though. I hope you are feeling good. i miss you!