Monday, June 15, 2009

Trip to Buffalo

Clark and I were lucky to be able to travel to Buffalo, New York to do some sight seeing, but more importantly, to spend time with our good friends Doug and Rachel. I don't know how to do those slide show things, so you get all the pictures right here. First on our list of fun things to do was go to Niagra Falls... so cool and so beautiful!
This is a classic Doug and Clark picture. They both wish they could be rappers like Kanye.
They have all kinds of tourist stuff to do around the Falls so we had lunch at Rain Forest Cafe and walked around a little bit before doing some much needed baby shopping. Here's Rach and I trying to look like we're dancing in front of the James Brown quote, "I've got ant in my pants and I need to dance!"
You can't go to Buffalo without having buffalo wings for dinner at least once. Here's the four of us at a great little wings place called Duff's. I think Doug and Clark ended up going there three times in the five days that we were there. A little too much for me, but the wings were really good.
The next day we headed to Crystal Beach on the shores of Lake Erie. It was a great day and such a beautiful place just to hang out at. It's only about a 30 minute drive from their house which makes me so jealous. We had a lot of fun laying out, playing frisbee and football and eating giant otter pops!
On Saturday we headed up to Palmyra to see all the church sites. We first went to the Palmyra temple, then headed to lunch at this little place called the Chill N Grill. When Clark and I ordered the "Junk Plate," we thought all those things were going to be separated on our plate, but no, the baked beans, macaroni salad, fries, and two burgers were all slopped together, with ketchup, mustard and onions decorating the top. Pretty awesome!
After lunch we went to the Book of Mormon Print Shop, which was really cool and then headed over to the Smith Farm where we were able to go inside the Log home of the Smith family. Talk about a spiritual experience. Here's the four of us in the room where Angel Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith. So neat.
Next was the Frame house. I don't think he's supposed to, but Clark is touching the bricks were Joseph Smith had to hide the plates from mobbers. Pretty cool.
And finally, the Sacred Grove. If you've never been, you should go. Its so peaceful and quiet. This is Doug, the photographer, getting a great shot of Clark and I walking through a piece of sunlight in the grove. Turned out pretty good!
We even got to see Camille and her new husband Andy, some friends from high school and college, who moved to Buffalo a few months ago. We had so much fun spending time with Doug and Rachel and can't thank you enough for letting us stay at your house and cooking us meals. Everything was so great and it was so fun for Rachel and I to not only hang out together, but talk pregnancy a lot, since she's only 6 weeks ahead of me! We love you and thanks again!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! I work with a guy from Buffalo and he's told me about the junk/garbage plate. I kind of didn't believe him. Gross. It really exists.

Rachelle said...

You and Rach are so freaking cute! I am totally jealous that you got to go to all of those church history spots!

RaCHeL said...

LOVE IT! And MISS YOU GUYS! We had so much fun while you were here. I love your pics & might have to steal a few. :) See you in a couple weeks!

The Richards Family said...

I am glad you had so much fun. It looked way fun. I would love to go to the smith farm one day!

angi bradley said...

Oh you two are so cute with your little tummies... So so so excited for you!!

The Frame Family said...

What cute little prego women! It sounds like you had a blast on your trip! One day all of us girls need to go out there and see all the church sites. Oh and the "Junk Plate" looks absolutely horrible!! I bet it was awesome!

angie said...

Hi Jamilyn! Today I was mindlessly blog surfing and I found your blog through a bunch of others. I just wanted to say Hi and congrats on the baby! You'll be an awesome mother. I hope you don't mind that I stopped by. Good luck with everything!

Angie Wheatley Byram