Thursday, April 22, 2010

Kid tested, mother NOT approved


Yesterday, I had a bowl of Kix for breakfast. I just bought them because the pediatrician said that Jayda could start eating them. But silly me, I left them on the table and open. So as I'm putting Jayda in the bumbo she does what she does best and swats at them. This was the result. I guess it's my own fault, but I was still frustrated. And, for the record, she did it again about 20 min later!

This is just a random. I walked in to check on Jayda during her nap and this is what I found. She's on her stomach and somehow the binky is on her back. ???

So last night Jayda was pretty restless so I thought she could just hang out in the baby bjorn until it was time to eat and go to bed. I was just standing, watching TV and Jayda was playing with my cup and straw from Arby's. All the sudden she just starts laughing. This is kind of weird because normally Jayda just squeals, but doesn't laugh. I couldn't help but laugh too so I grabbed the camera so others could join in on the giggle. I know all kids giggle, but of course I think Jayda's is so cute. And don't mind me laughing behind her.


Jayda is now 6 months old weighing in at 13 lbs 10 oz. She is in the 9th percentile for weight, 33rd for length and 23rd for head. She's little, but she sure is active and curious. The pediatrician says she acts more like a nine month old rather than a six month old and that she'll probably crawl early. Great. She already rolls everywhere to get where she wants to go, but I better get those gates up and start baby proofing the house.

7 comments:

RaCHeL said...

So darling! I love her face with the spilled kix. :) And that giggle is to die for! I can't wait to see you guys this summer! XOXO

angi bradley said...

Oh she's too cute... and that was one awful big mess for such a little munchkin. That giggle makes me giggle.

Anonymous said...

Jami, she is seriously SO cute!

sng said...

She is getting big! We can't believe it and can't wait to see her.

Laura said...

Seriously, how did she get the binky on her back! I love the giggle. She is a cutie and I bet that is the first of many spilled Kix!

Moffat Family said...

fun post! she is so cute and seems like a really fun baby! i love the picture of her sleeping.

The Frame Family said...

And it starts...:)
I just love her!