Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mexico!

We were lucky to be able to go to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for a whole week! It was a lot of fun and a lot of relaxation that was much needed. And yes, this first picture is the view from our balcony at the resort we stayed in. We had a pool, hot tub and the beach right at our fingertips. We went out to eat a lot and had a lot of authentic guacomole. Of course we had chips and salsa at every meal so I was in heaven.

This was the first day we got there, just walking along the "Malicon," or boardwalk, right next to the beautiful ocean! The next morning we rode dune buggies on wet dirt roads. Needless to say, we were covered in mud and my board shorts are ruined. Good memory I guess.
This is when we went to the flea market. It was crazy! At first I was excited to barter, but it became a little annoying after a while. People constantly attack you. As we were walking in one of the store owners said, "Welcome to the jungle," and that's exactly what it felt like!
This was on our way to go snorkeling and kayaking. In the picture is Morgan and Natalie Everett, the other couple we traveled with. The water was quite murky so I didn't get to see anything on my first snorkeling adventure. Boo.
After our unsuccessful attempt at snorkeling, we visited an island called Yelapa. We toured the island, which was beautiful, then hung out on the gorgeous beaches. Clark even bought a piece of lemon meringue pie (his favorite) from a woman selling it for 20 pesos on the beach.




We enjoyed many virgin margaritas and, my favorite, pina coladas. Something I don't have pictures of is the night Clark and I went to Las Caletas, an island that entertained us with an awesome modern dance performance, then served us a romantic candle light dinner just a few feet from the ocean. So fun!




Probably the most exciting thing we did were the zip lines. We were 300 feet in the air and some of the lines were over 300 feet long! It's one of those things you should be scared about, but it was so much fun that I forgot about how scary it was. After flying over canyons we were able to actually go into the monkey cage! They ate the food we had and climbed all over us. They even pulled all our pockets open to see if we had anything else to feed them. What an awesome experience!










On our last day we strolled down the boardwalk one last time. There are tons of statues and sculptures and this was one of our favorites! There were a couple days when Morgan and Natalie were a little sick (too many mango margaritas and guacamole!) and those were our days to just relax under the sun. Clark and I brought our books (I finished Twilight) and we soaked up the Mexican sun at the pool and our little beach at the resort. We were in old town Puerto Vallarta so we were able to see what life is like for a lot of local Mexicans. That was a very humbling experience. All together, this trip was amazing and I would recommend PV, Mexico to everyone! Hasta la vista!

8 comments:

The Kirton Family said...

Jami that looks like so much fun! I'm glad you guys had a good time; I love the pictures!

The Frame Family said...

I am jealous, jealous, jealous!!! I love all the pics...especially the ones with the monkeys :) Okay here's the deal...give me two years or so and then I say we all try to go together!1

Anonymous said...

Jamilyn, I'm so glad you found my blog!! Looks like you have been up to lots of fun! Small world that you are going to NYC at the same time as us. I'll definitely keep an eye out for you at all the big sites! :) Send me an email - terilynz@gmail.com - if you think you'll have some free time that we could meet up for lunch or something!

The Kirton Family said...

Jami, by the way we found Clarks blog... let him know that we have some baseball cards if he still want to trade any :)!

heidi said...

SO FUN!! Hope you are having a good time in NYC!

RaCHeL said...

What a fun trip! It was fun to finally see what you had told me. You lucky ducks! I want to go to Mexico. XOXO

Anika said...

Jamilyn... it was so good to see ya Sat. night! Send me an email and I'll invite you to my blog! anika@unibase.us. Keep in touch! OUr blog is: nateandanika.blogspot.com

Anika!

Robert and Lindsay said...

It was so much fun to see you this weekend. I can't believe your trip. It looks like so much fun!