Friday, January 9, 2009

Holiday breaks are awesome!

I was lucky to get two full weeks off of work in order to breathe before the craziness of owning a business starts again. Clark only had to go in a few days over the break and we were lucky to spend lots of time together. Here are a couple activities we did over the awesome holiday break. Clark's parents took us out to sushi for a Christmas Eve dinner. It's a great little place up on Wasatch and the sushi was really good. I got a seaweed salad and this is how it came to the table. So cute and so good!
Apparently, Wednesdays are kareoke night at the resaurant and the chef gave us free crab for participating. Clark and his mom sang three songs, while Clark's dad and I watched and cheered them on/laughed. They got pretty into it, if you can't tell.
After this awesome dinner, we headed down to Little America, where my mom and little sis were staying, and relaxed in the hot tub for a while. Little different, but way fun.
This is what our cute, little tree looked like on Christmas morning. I really love Christmas and all it's decorations! Thank you Clark, and family, for all the great gifts. We then headed back to Little America for a delicious Christmas brunch. This might just be a new tradition in our family.
A few days later, us girls (and our families) got together for an awesome Christmas party. Did I mention it was hosted by me? It was a lot of fun to catch up and play games with my beautiful girlfriends.
Over the course of the break, we spent lots of time with family playing games, going to movies and going out to eat. We even went to Body Worlds which was really neat. Our holiday break was a lot of fun and now it's back to normal life. But normal life is pretty good too.

6 comments:

The Frame Family said...

That's great that you and Clark got to spend so much time together over the break! That sushi salad looks awesome...but how did it taste? Thanks again for hosting our Christmas party! We had a lot of fun! We should put you in charge every time! Oh, how did you like Body Worlds? What did you think of all the little babies?

The Richards Family said...

I LOVE sushi! Oh and London loves her dance class!

Larson said...

OH man! I had 2 days off during the entire holidays. You guys are lucky! oh! by the way... I found your blog and i love it!

emily said...

Yay for the holidays! You guys are so cute! I am sad I missed the sushi dinner and karaoke dinner, but not sad that I missed the SNOW!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I LOVE sushi - too bad seafood makes Rob gag. :)

I think it's so cool you run your own business - hope it continues to go well. BTW, You look so pretty!

RaCHeL said...

We had a blast at our little party. You guys are great hosts! I'm glad I got to see you a couple times while I was home. Miss you!