Monday, October 26, 2009

Jayda Lyn Bell

So this little girl came into the world on Friday, October 16 at 8:48 PM. She is pretty perfect and we already love her so so much. Here is the Bell family about 10 minutes after Jayda was born.

I got a little sick the day I delivered and passed it on to my little girl, I'm sorry. Jayda had some abnormal blood test scores so the doctors put her on an antibiotic which she had to have through an I.V. for 7 days! I was an emotional roller coaster for the entire week, but I was lucky to have Clark there to comfort me and be the strong one for both of us. Here is Jayda with her make-shift cast to cover her I.V. She had that stupid thing in both hands and both feet through out the week. She also got a high fever and had to have a spinal tap. This poor girl had a rough first week of life, but she is pretty strong.
Here she is just making a funny face with her cute mohawk and bow that the nurses put in. We had some really great nurses over those 7 days and I am very grateful for all their help.
I was discharged Sunday night so we had to do something called a "Hotel Stay" so that we could stay at the hospital while Jayda was still getting her antibiotic. We had to pay for every extra night we were there, and we could only stay if there were available rooms. Well, Wenesday rolled around and they told us we were going to have to leave. I bawled for a good hour just thinking that we would have to go home without our little girl. Luckily, our nurse fought for us, and there ended up being a couple extra rooms that night. It sure wasn't very nice of them to scare us like that. We finally left on Friday, Oct 23 and Jayda got to wear her very own clothes!
We are still adjusting to being home, but I sure do love to cuddle with her. She loves to fall asleep after she eats and burps and I take full advantage of this cuddling session.
I couldn't get this picture to turn, but here she is at a week and 3 days old. She still has here dark hair, just like her dad and we love it. She looks older already and we are having so much fun being parents to her. She really is such a blessing in our lives and I couldn't imagine it any other way!

21 comments:

Allison and Josh said...

She is so adorable! I love her already and I love you guys! Sorry you had a rough first week with her. I'm glad she is okay though. She is just as cute as she could possibly be. I love her cute cheeks and dark hair! Congrats to you both! I love her name as well!

RaCHeL said...

Those cheeks! :) I just want to kiss them. I love her little outfit! It looks so cute on her. You look great Jami! I love the pic of you two cuddling. I just about got teary eyed when I saw it. Can you believe we have babies & are moms? Such a great experience. I'm glad all is well with her health & that you get to be home. XOXO

sng said...

YAY!!! She is finally home! We are so excited for you and can't wait until we get to meet little Jayda baby. Think of how much older she will look by then! Keep the pictures coming. It's the only way we can be part of the miracle. Love you guys!

Quela said...

Yay! Congrats! I love her name and love all the hair. She is so cute!

Rachelle said...

So sweet! Sorry you guys had to go through that tough first week, its wonderful that she is completly healthy now though! You look great by the way!

DowdleFam said...

Congrats, she is super cute.

The Richards Family said...

She is so beautiful. I cannot wait to meet her in person. She is so cute. Congrats guys!

Kasey Sanders said...

Congrats! She is super cute! I love her cheeks!

Cory & Alli said...

Aw, she is so precious!!! Congrats!

Larson said...

cutest baby I've ever SEEEEEENNN!!!

Dallas Jessica Aspen Irelynn and Hudsyn said...

Super Cute!! Congrats guys!!

Robert and Lindsay said...

she is beautiful! congrats

The Frame Family said...

I'm so glad that you guys are home where you can finally relax! I just love those chubba wubba cheeks...I could squeeze them all day! Ko saw pictures of her and was saying "Mom mom...baby Jayda...Jani(yEs he calls you Jani instead of Jami)! I hope you know you can always call me with any questions :)!

Carly said...

She's darling!!! Congrats!!

Sara said...

She is so cute! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her hair! I cant believe how hard her first week was... esp for you! I am glad all is good now! She really is beautiful! CONGRATS!!! Girls are the best! And just remember... there will be a day, sooner than you think, that you will get a full nights sleep!! Seems so far away!! HA!!

Ashlee & Christian said...

She is so adorable. I LOVE the name you picked out! You look great. Congrats. I ran into Ashley and Paige the other day and we were talking about how we need to go to lunch, so when life settles down a bit for you then we should go. Do you have ashley's email address, she wants an invite to my blog and told me to get it from you. Thanks.

Tati said...

She is so gorgeous! I am so happy for you! CONGRATS!

Tati

The Kirton Family said...

So sweet! I am glad things are claming down for you guys. Keep enjoying every minute!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! She is stunning. Congrats!!

Tyler and Dru said...

Congrats!! she is amazing. i'm can't imagine how much fun you must be having with her! i'm so happy for you guys.

Jess and Derek said...

Oh my gosh Jamilyn! She is SO adorable- I love that outfit and those cheeks! Congrats! I hope your loving motherhood- it's the best!