Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Almost three weeks old!

So Jayda is not even three weeks old, but already seems to look so much different. I promise I didn't plan the colors in this picture, but this girl pretty much lives in pink and brown. They are just the colors for little girls right now, and I love it. She looks cute in anything, but pink and brown definitely work for her. Her she is after a bath at home. Those hooded towels just make any baby look so dang cute. But I especially love this baby, all wrapped up with her little naked bumb underneath. She doesn't love bath time yet, but loves to get her hair washed under the running water.
I came into our bedroom last week to find this. So precious. I know this is a classic dad and daughter picture and I'm so glad I have one.
Here's Jayda in her little Halloween onesie. She obviously needed to stretch right as I was taking her picture. Babies do the funniest things.
And here is Jayda's official Halloween costume. They don't have too many costumes for newborns, but my dad and his wife found Mickey Mouse. She didn't seem to mind that she was dressed up like a mouse and we thought it was pretty funny.
This picture, with her cute bow (made by Rachel), makes her look so old! Today we ventured out together for the first time because I had some errands to run for work. I'll be honest, the thought of her alone in the backseat with me alone in the driver's seat did scare me a little. What if she started crying and I couldn't do a thing about it? I know all you second and third time moms are laughing at me, but I was seriously worried. I didn't need to be though. She fell asleep the second the car started moving and stayed that way the whole time we were out. It was actually kinda nice to drive my car again and I quite enjoyed taking Jayda with me.
Jayda is such a fun, good little baby. She eats pretty well and sleeps up to three, sometimes three and a half hours in the night. We're getting pictures taken this weekend so hopefully we'll have some cute ones to post next week.

13 comments:

The Ryttings said...

Oh my gosh how much I love this little girl! I need to come back over and hold her again!

Rachelle said...

She is so adorable!!! I love that last picture you posted...she is precious!!!

Allison and Josh said...

She is such a doll! So adorable and I can't wait to see her sometime!

Quela said...

She is so cute! and Lyla totally has that same halloween onesie, weird. New little babies are so fun and they grow up so fast. I hope you're loving being a mom to your cute little princess, and I hope you're getting more sleep than I am.

emily said...

ummmmmm, i don't even need to tell you how much i love her! she is so so cute! you are such a good mommy!

sng said...

Ha Ha! What a perfect costume! I love her little elephant skin legs too. It sounds like you are having so much fun with her and we are so glad.

Carly said...

She's a doll!!! I loved that picture with her little bow in her hair!

Sara said...

Oh she is so sweet! I love seeing all the pictures!! They grow up so fast!!

Laura Cates said...

I'm so glad that you got a little girl! She is the cutest little thing!

Unknown said...

In love with my Goddaughter. That's all there is to it!

Cam and Linds said...

hey congrats! she is adorable. i love her halloween costume!

Tamara Jacobs said...

congratulations jamilyn! she is beautiful! i love her name!!

Michelle said...

She is ADORABLE! Oh, I am SO happy for you! I'm sorry about her rough start - that must have been super hard. She has so many cute clothes and headbands! It looks like you are adjusting well to motherhood. Isn't is wonderful? I love it. OH, YAY! SO happy for you.