Monday, November 10, 2008

Husbands...

Husbands are good for so many things: taking us out on dates and taking out the garbage, making lots of money and making the bed, calling us pet names like sweetie and hon, and calling Dish Network several times when the TV goes out. What I appreciate most from Clark is his sense of humor. He is good at helping me see the more fun side of life, and although this next story might sound like I'm making fun of him, I'm not. I'm just trying to see the fun in the situation.

On Halloween night we didn't get all dressed up or go to any parties. I wore my cowboy hat because I couldn't not dress up on Halloween. We went to dinner and bowling with our friends Morgan and Natalie, then went back to their house for some scary movies. We all had our plates of delicious Gelato pie and a glass of water in hand as we walked downstairs to start the movie marathon. I heard a loud thump and my immediate reaction was to laugh. I turned around and saw that Clark was sitting at the bottom of the stairs and not laughing. He was wearing socks on the carpeted stairs and had slipped. He wanted to save his pie and not spill his water so he held on to both the plate and the glass and landed on his back and tailbone.

The slice of ice cream pie did fall off the plate, but was salvaged and Clark still had half a glass of water in his cup. We all felt bad for him, but laughed about it a few minutes later once we knew he was all right. Clark was pretty sore the next day so I went and bought him this stylish heating pad. He loves it and has been using it quite a bit. I feel bad for him, but you have to admit, it's kinda funny. My husband is good for taking care of me, taking us for late night treat runs, and taking the brunt of my jokes.


Poor Clark.

6 comments:

angi bradley said...

Thanks for the laugh at Clark's expense. Tell him it probably hurt almost as bad as getting whacked with the bam bam. He'll know what it means.

Bob, Emily, Ellie, and Kate said...

I love that he saved the pie and the water. Well tried. A very impressive attempt if you ask me. So funny, kind of wish I would have been there so I could laugh with you guys and not just here all by myself!!!

Morgan said...

Every time I walk down those stairs, I think of Clark and smile.

Clark Bell said...

Anytime I sit down for a period longer than 15 minutes my tailbone starts to bleed. Thanks for making fun of poor little sensitive Clark.

Michelle said...

I'm sorry (ha ha), but bones don't usually bleed.:) Brian and I hope you get feeling better soon!

Moffat Family said...

I just laughed for good five minutes picturing that whole scenario in my mind. Oh...and now I'm laughing again. I hope you're feeling better. Thanks for making me laugh!