Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving, plus some

I know you all think I want to be back in high school, but I don't. My little sister is in high school and I have to support her. :) Alta football made it to the state championship game and the performing groups got to do their A-L-T-A at half time at Rice Eccles Stadium. Alli was somewhere in the "A" and we were in the stands freezing. Alta took state and I even ran into a few friends from high school. See, other people support their alma mater.

The next day was the BYU-Utah game. Everyone was in a good mood because the U won, then we headed to the long anticipated Coldplay concert! This is Clark and me waiting for one of our favorite bands to come out.

After an amazing 45 minutes of playing, Coldplay actually walked right by us, hence the awesome picture of Chris Martin only about 6 feet away, and played a song among the crowd.

This is them playing "The Scientist," my favorite, only about 15 rows above us! It was so cool and they are so great live. It was such an awesome concert and for the last song thousands of neon paper butterflies fell on the crowd.

This was the encore song, "Yellow." Viva la Vida!

And, five days later, it was Thanksgiving. We had a traditional dinner with Clark's family, dessert with mine, and then saw "Four Christmases" with Clark's again. We stayed up late and hit up South Towne mall at midnight. We scored some great deals at the mall, and then again on Friday shopping around town.


We hooked up with my sisters and went to Costco to get our real pine wreath and free food samples.
Oh, and don't forget the almost life-sized pony that we had to get stupid pictures on. I love Black Friday... kind of.






6 comments:

The Frame Family said...

Is it bad to say that sometimes I wish I were still in high school??!! Only sometimes though :) The concert looked awesome...I LOVE Yellow!! What Costco did you go to? We were at the one on 10600 south at like 10:30 am and it was CRAZY!!! I don't know what we were thinking! Did you see the life-size dinosaur too? We put Ko on it, but I think the batteries ran out, so it wouldn't do anything :(

Laura said...

Fun stuff! I love what you said about high school... you make me laugh! How was the movie Four Christmas's? We went to Twilight but I kind of wanted to see that one!

RaCHeL said...

Fun fun! You were mentioning high school & so when I saw the pony picture & thought you would have dedicated that to Em! :) tee-hee! I went out Black Friday for the first time! I don't know how you do it every year. Blah! I'm jealous you got to go to Coldplay. I watched one of their concerts on tv...not the same I'm sure. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh A-L-T-A. I remember being out there one year and having Paul Winkleman and Tracy screaming at us. haha. I'm SO SO SO jealous you went to the Coldplay concert and got to see them so up close. I'm kind of obsessed with them.

angi bradley said...

Miss high school? Never! Actually, I do all the time and Adam thinks I am so crazy. Anyway, where do you find time to do all of this? My lands lady! You are good!

Jess and Derek said...

I'm totally jealous that you got to go to coldplay! I really wanted to see them@